Sunday, April 15, 2018

Four-day pot of beans and beverages with Mom

 
            Four-day pot of beans: The beans didn't even smell that good, but I'd become intimate with them over several days, and I couldn't bear to throw them out. The bean mix and been in a beautiful display jar and it was time for them to go from décor to dinner. I soaked them a day then put them in a big pot on day two, even though I knew I wouldn't be eating them that day. When I took them out on day three, they were still tough so they went back on to simmer. I got a better offer for dinner so they came out on day four and they were still a bit hard. In the mean time there was a bit of scorching so I transferred them to a smaller pot and started scrubbing the first one, and I had a bright idea to drain them so they'd be more of a soup one night and then more of a side dish later. A strainer and more spoons went into the sink. Finally, it was time to eat those little guys. They were simply a big pot of failure. Bean there?


                  Spicy Skittles?
                             Skittles are so not my thing. But my daughter wanted me to try their Sweet Heat version, promising fruity flavors with a spicy kick. So hey, Blazin Mango, Flamin' Orange and Lemon Spark are pretty kicky and addictive. I think someone before me ate all the Fiery Watermelon and Sizzlin' Strawberries out of the pack.


Purity Vodka is certified organic and gluten free, so you might want to share it with your mom. Whoever got together to propose this pitch for Mother’s Day refreshments also noted the bottle’s diamond shape, which fits right in with honoring Mom.
            Makers want you to know that while most vodka brands are distilled “only a handful of times, Purity Vodka has an unprecedented 34 times distillation process and utilizes the finest organic ingredients for an exceptionally smooth, non-burning yet complex tasting vodka.”
            I will vouch for this smoothness, reflected in craftsmanship, and will share their concoctions with readers:  
Rosemary Hound
Ingredients:
  • 1 part simple syrup
  • 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
  • one half part ruby red grapefruit juice
  • 2 slices ruby red grapefruit, for garnish
Directions:
  1. Place the grapefruit juice, Purity Vodka and 1 ounce rosemary and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
  1. Shake well to mix.
  1. Serve on the rocks, garnished with grapefruit slice. 
Cucumber Gimlet
Ingredients:
  • three fourths parts fresh squeezed lime juice
  • three fourths part simple syrup
  • 4 slices cucumber
  • 1 lime wheel
Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice.
  1. Shake well and double strain into a large cocktail glass.

  1. Garnish with a lime wheel
  2.  


     

No comments:

Post a Comment