Need
a dress connection? Gowns Galore has the white dress you can wear after Labor
Day!
A
recent donation of several formals - in white and off white - may be rented and
worn for the CavOILcade coronation, Blue and Silver Ball, Cotillion, Neches
River Festival and maybe even Mardi Gras!
Headed down the aisle and don't want
to spend thousands on a dress you wear for a few hours? Check out the wedding
dresses.
Rent these beauties for a fee. Return them within 3 days of your event and you'll get $25 back. Browse the racks at Texas Artists Museum in Port Arthur. Designer names, several sizes and plenty of sparkle await. Make an appointment with Pam Trosclair by calling (409) 719-7828.
Mexican Heritage Fiesta – This year’s fiesta was packed with people and excitement, great food and music. It’s one of those Port Arthur experiences where you can see everyone you know. I shared a flavorful torta with my husband. I rarely order this sandwich because I’m usually about the chips and salsa at a Tex-Mex restaurant. We can’t have ALL the starches in one day… I chose wisely.
With
Mexican culture on my mind, check out this new cookbook on the topic:
Guess
the cuisine - Figs from the
back yard accompany Creole Cream Cheese for breakfast. Tacos have fried
oysters and chicken livers. There's beer cooked into the beans and rice.
Do you know
where you are? It's where I'd like to be.
"Louisiana Life" magazine put out a Culinary
Louisiana Calendar that would have your mouth watering into 2028.
Some very state-specific recipes include Louisiana
Satsuma Vinaigrette and Mirliton Quick Pickles. I'll take some of those quail
eggs, too.
Darragh Doiron is a Port Arthur
area foodie wishing you all the flavors! panews@panews.com

No comments:
Post a Comment