Friday, August 21, 2020

Fish makes Taco Tuesday list



                             My niece has been doing Taco Tuesdays for years in Rhode Island and North Carolina, and I often think of her when I see a crispy taco. I can’t say why it didn’t occur to me to have a standing Taco Tuesday in Texas. Who doesn’t have tortillas in their home stock around here? They keep forever. There are so many options, if you can get around the corn or flour thing. My husband likes flour only and I’d pick the corn based on health alone. When I do flour, I crave them fried up a little so that adds even more calories.
                             But for insides, there’s beans and rice and peppers and cheese and varieties within those varieties.
                             Turns out we had another debate the first time I announced the Castillos would be indulging in Taco Tuesday on a regular basis. I rolled out fish tacos and Mr. Castillo proclaimed a fish does not make a real taco.
                             Really? Immediately I texted the niece.
                             She took my side.
                             Fish will remain in the rotation.






Shrewd Keto
When you puff something and it crunches and the calorie count is conceivable, you feel pretty smart. “The Smartest Way to Keto” is actually how Shrewd Keto markets such 90-calorie packets of balls that keep in the flavor of much more junkier food. But in this case, Baked Cheddar, Brick Oven Pizza, and Nacho Cheese Protein Puffs will leave you with crunch, 2 grams of carbs and 14 grams of protein. You doing this? Then  your later reward can be Shrewd Keto Dippers in both dark and milk chocolate. It’s snack, dessert and a shot of protein as well. I love crunching my chocolate. Shrewdfood.com will get through crunch time.




                  A Couple of Outlaws
                  Did you ever have a crush on the couple who makes your soaps? I want to hang out with Russ and Danielle Vincent, who pose with guitars and cooking utensils, wear funky glasses and make cowboy boots look a little punk. They live in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I bet you thought I was gonna say Austin, because they are keeping it weird. They actually do have ties to Austin and have noted the city’s favorite scent of their line is The Mountain Hideout. Their soaps come in packaging both masculine and humorous, with hidden John Wayne quotes. The products are very fine and have components such as whiskey and leather and sage. I feel as though their soaps, handwashes and colognes will just naturally make you feel better from seeing them online at LiveOutlaw.com and holding them in your hand once they arrive and that’s all before you put them on your body. Their giant campfire mug has the call to “Wake up. Kick Ass. Repeat.” You can even get a car scent that shows you are living Outlaw. Hey Russ and Danielle, call me! 


                  Darragh Doiron is a Port Arthur area foodie counting down the days until the next Taco Tuesday. Reach her at darraghcastillo@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment