Saturday, June 23, 2018

It's the little things

            I love little things that come in small packages. You can carry so many of them at once!
                             But don’t hoard them. Spread joy with them.
                             When I approached a rose bush, the most delicate pea-sized buds and blooms caught my eye and I had to gather a tiny bouquet. I collected them and searched for a “vase” small enough to display them. Then I spied a vintage blue glass salt cellar. There was just enough room for a couple of teaspoons of water and the roses.
                             When I showed my mother, she suggested I take a photo and share the presentation. May it inspire you to spark joy in your home.

                             Go Greek for Mexican   
                             If you’ve ever substituted Greek yogurt for sour cream, I’m guessing you were already a Greek yogurt fan. It’s  thick and creamy and has so many fewer calories than the sour cream. This means you can eat much more of it.
                             We love our Mexican food in Southeast Texas. We ask for hot salsa and all the toppings.
                             If you’re a sour cream junkie, this might be a hard sell. Try it. Then try it maybe two more times. I think you’ll come to the lighter side.


                             Upcycling into yard art
                             The same week I tried to fashion a bracelet from a Perrier can, I met a blacksmith who’d forged his own serious arm cuff in the fire. Can’t top that. But I made a nifty Chinese lantern as seen on Pinterest.
                             Does your kitchen herb garden need some pizazz? I carefully cut long slits in the can and folded down, as instructed. The strips bow out to form a graceful little lantern shape. Then I strung some fishing line through the pop top and hung it outside to twirl. Look it up and try it.

                  Darragh Doiron is a Port Arthur area foodie always looking to enjoy the most foods in the healthiest manner. Tips? Send them her way via darraghcastillo@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment