Sunday, October 14, 2018

Snack, then eat your plants


                             Road trip! Don’t you love the words? The adventure? The snacks?
                             I have hit the roads with carrot sticks, boiled eggs and nuts, but someone else packed the bag with munchies for a 12-plus hour excursion to my nephew’s two wedding ceremonies. We headed toward Alabama, then Tennessee with our red, insulated bag full of Buc-ee’s Beaver Nuggets, a round of peanut brittle (I did share!) and pretzels from a recent flight.
                             Did I mention I was in the back seat the entire time and helping someone study for a nutrition test?
                             The best way to sample “everything” on a road trip is to share. When I’m with my husband, we plan for stops featuring regional specialties and divvy up a serving. Well, he was not with me on this leg of the journey.
                             Lots of Greek yogurt is helping me get back on track. And, the healthy attitude discussed in the following mention:
                            

                             Veestro, Plants Please, wants you to “feed your happy.”
                             I love healthy discussions about food and nutrition. But if people are still “making fun” of vegan choices, that’s unfortunate. If you’ve gone that way by choice, then perhaps Veestro’s plant-based frozen meals are the the path to switching provokers into supporters. They could at least be jealous of the ease of delivery, variety and flavor.
                             Red curry is sweet with coconut milk, kaffir lime, broccoli, cauliflower and more over brown rice. The breakfast burrito features potatoes and roma tomatoes in a whole wheat tortilla with a red sauce. I tried several meals and juices sent my way and loved them. I also admire the company’s approach toward health and simply enjoying food, nutrition and meal time. If you’re already into foods with titles such as oatmeal breakfast pie, Portobello steak and black bean alfredo, you’ll want to check this out. info@veestro.com  
 Versio               Darragh Doiron is a Port Arthur area foodie who supports lots of things in moderation. Snack well and keep your plate full of the rainbow. Contact her at darraghcastillo@icloud.com
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment