Monday, October 29, 2018

Vegan Strong and the Sea Ranch KETO thing

 "Vegan Strong: The Ultimate Field Manual for a Kick-Ass Plant-Fueled Life" illustrates the many paths people take toward this lifestyle. Bill Muir is a registered nurse in the military, taught English in Japan, listened to punk rock and is an all-around character. We will follow his lead and now refer to him as Sgt. Vegan from now.
                              I enjoyed this book that shares how hard it was to get vegan food anywhere, much less in the military, a few short years ago. Then you had to deal with attitudes, too. He's still sensitive about his locker search that yielded artificial bacon bits that made salads fun.
                             His own family and friends group was sure he'd wither away after just giving up meat for Lent. He's story is interesting and his recourses are valuable. I'd also like to meet Sgt. Vegan's mom, who shares kickin' recipes for pea soup, carrot and curry soup and vegan chili. Report for duty.
                 
                  Sea Ranch KETO Boudain
                             Boudain lovers, you may have heard. Sea Ranch Café in Port Neches is making KETO boudain - with cauliflower instead of rice - and it's selling like crazy. Thibodeaux and Boudreaux might not even notice the substitution.
                            I couldn't wait to get my hands on some and I found the texture to be very good. It passed my Mom's test and she's got ties to Breaux Bridge, La., I did add some cayenne to my serving, because that's just how I roll. Spicy. You've got to plan ahead to get your share, so monitor them on Facebook.
                             I had another round of guests from Alabama and I'm happy to report that they scored a few pounds for a relative who is on the KETO diet. They also packed dry ice to take a chest of their standard favorite, DJ's Boudain, back home.
                             Darragh Doiron is a Port Arthur area foodie who is happy to spread the Vegan message, yet is pretty strict about her boudain desires. Contact her at darraghcastillo@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment